- While studying biology at Indiana University he took a one-semester hiatus
to travel through London, Amsterdam, Hamburg, and Rome busking as an
acoustic duo with a percussionist Jade Prieboy.
- sang in IU Soul Revue
- He lead the 7-piece soul band, Charlie & The Groove Factory
- played in Brazilian and Afro-Cuban percussion ensembles
- toured with Otaak Band as a guitarist and keyboardist.
– Studied with Bobby McFerrin at the Omega Institute
– Taught at Ooolation folk/world voice camp at Yosemite National Park
- began teaching at the Jacobs School of Music ~ Guitar Academy
- Played over 100 shows including opening up for Jay Leno
- Taught at Ooolation
Charlie radiates vibrant enthusiasm for music. He enjoys helping students learn about all the essential elements of music and how they work together in balance. He provides a simple and clear approach to the complex concepts of music theory and songwriting. The styles he most enjoys are pop, jazz, folk, and soul/R&B.